Last night, Becky at Trails and Ultras nominated me for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much for your always great insight on my posts, Becky. I love seeing how we face similar running struggles and successes, despite being on different continents!
So, by nominating someone for a Liebster Award it allows you to highlight your favorite bloggers, who have less than 200 followers, and give them some positive recognition and publicity. Many of my favorite bloggers have over 200 (and obviously I can’t nominate Becky for this now) so my nominations will take a little bit of detective work!
With all that being said, let’s begin!
The rules for accepting your nomination are:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator. **Becky is having us use the questions she was given. They are great questions too!**
- You must pick 11 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
- You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer. **I’m going to use the ones I was given as well**
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
- If there were a movie based on your life who would play you and why?
Well the obvious answer would be the girl from the Wendy’s commercials as I’ve been told on numerous occasions that people are reminded of me when they see her. Personally, I’d love for Kristen Wiig or Alexis Bledel to portray my life as I feel they would appropriately portray my awkward, nerdy tendencies and hopelessly romantic personality.
2. What was the last thing you googled?
Honestly? How to properly spell Alexis Bledel’s last name. Before that, probably something sports-related.
3. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
I have an addiction to sweets of any kind. And I love sappy drama-laden shows on television, like Greys Anatomy and Revenge.
4. What is something you know now but didn’t know then?
Umm, friends who are TRUE will remain friends regardless of distance or time spent apart.
5. What would you consider to be one of your greatest achievements
From a life standpoint, meeting my now husband. From a running standpoint, finishing my first marathon, despite having IT Bands that had seized up completely at mile 20.
6. What is the one thing not many people know about you?
Okay, some of my friends know this, but I’m a total astronomy and weather nerd. My favorite time of year is tornado season and my television lives on The Weather Channel. I’ve been known to stay up all night and watch something that NASA is doing or even to stay hours after I’ve finished work to watch coverage online of tornado outbreaks. If I could go back in time and suddenly become great at mathematics, I would no doubt be a meteorologist. Maybe one day, I still will be! Anything can happen, right?
7. If you could wave a magic wand and change one thing about your life would you? What would it be?
While I usually stay very neutral on my blog, I believe that everything happens according to God’s will. I certainly can mess up and not follow the path I’m pushed towards BUT I don’t (aside from the mathematics comment above) feel like I’d change anything. I am who I am today for all of the great and terrible things that have happened in my past.
8. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Trick question, I don’t think there is a classic Disney movie I don’t love and can’t pour out the words to EVERY song. If we want to agree that Disney/Pixar would be an appropriate answer, though, It would be Finding Nemo, hands down.
((Sidebar, Becky’s answer to this question is AMAZING. So make sure to pop over to her blog and read it))
9. What is something you’ve never done but would like to try?
Umm I’d love to go stormchasing!
10. What is your favourite place to be?
As a location, the beach. I feel most at home and at peace with the world when I’m able to hear the crashing of the waves and smell the sea air. Otherwise, (and get ready for a disgustingly mushy moment) I’d say anywhere my husband is. 🙂
11. What is your favourite blog post you’ve written?
My post explaining the term ‘rungry’ and putting it out for the world to understand.
After what seems like hours, here are my nominations for my 11 favorite blogs, under 200 followers (in no particular order):
4. 11315 Miles